Friday, June 19, 2009

Loneliness

Loneliness comes over me like a cloud. I feel abandoned, even by myself. The skies are dark and my heart is empty. All around me is desolation. Will no one hear me? Will no one understand me?


In my loneliness I travel far away. No one knows me there, no one really cares. i feel unloved, insignificant and all alone. My connection with life itself is broken, as is my heart. i want to die. i want to end the pain.

In my delusion, I look to the external for some relief, but there is no reprieve. i am separated from all that really matters.

But from the midst of nothingness, I hear YOU Lord speaking to me. "stay with me in the hour of loneliness" I dare to stay, allowing what will be.

In the hour of loneliness, I know of my pain, as the tears of a newborn child, pining for its Source, yearning for its Destiny. You speak to my soul: "Can a mother forget her infant, be without tenderness for the child of her womb? Even should she forget you, I will never forget you.

3 comments:

  1. when i read this i really call back those moments which made me feel lonesome and friendless when things really mattered.. thanks a lot for helping touch my inner self. keep the good work on..

    ReplyDelete
  2. as i read this i am reminded of those moments which made me lonesome and friendless when things really mattered in my life.. thanks dear friend for helping me touch my inner self.keep the good work on... all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to introduce my blog for friends who want to exchange links with me

    ReplyDelete