Tuesday, August 11, 2009

listening to myself




"Your mind knows only somethings. Your inner voice,your instinct, knows everything. If you listen to what you know instinctively, it will always lead you down the right path"

I am always excited to pull on alongside with the fast moving world around me, having little time to live my life in a more profound, meaningful and action oriented way. Because for me, there seem to be no good reasons to change my way of life. I am satisfied in living on the same lines as the majority of my fellow human beings. Consequently, I often find myself buoyant in fair weather, but depressed and despondent in adversity. I find myself contented and busy living my little life with less room in me for enquiry and reasoning. I tend to nurture myself with my personal cares and worries, that I have no time to stand and spare in journeying with my neighbour.

Nonetheless, I often hear my inner voice whispering to me that I must subject myself to a searching introspection to be saved from becoming a victim of my own lack of foresight- to discover in me man of broad vision and humanitarian zeal. To discover in me a man of the Sermon on the Mount - who sacrifices and plans, and balances his strength with his vision.

If so, what is demanded of me is that I raise my moral stature through listening to the voice of my life. It reveals to me the secret of my nature. It tells me the truth to which I must respond.
I must listen to the whispers of my mind. It tell me what works best for me, and help me set priorities. This is the voice that will help me make decisions all the moments of my life,but I must heed its words.
I must listen to the music of my heart. Its notes are sweet and gentle, harsh and explosive.Its melody is sometimes sad and at other times pregnant with the joy of heaven. The music of my heart sings the songs of my emotions. Its lyrics tell me how I am responding to the reality of life.
I must listen to the silence of my soul. Its here that my whole self can rest in the unconditional acceptance that I give for myself.

4 comments:

  1. The silence within is more challenging than the speed and noise of the outside. Sometimes I prefer the outside than inside to run away from the real one in me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes praveen once you think of taking a journey deeper into your very self, you may find it very challenging and scaring. but once you learn to embrace your deeper self, you that journey meaningful and worth.It's only from deep with you can gain the power and strength to look to the future with hope and courage. if u ever make a deep journey in yourself, u can rise edified and proceed apace, refreshed and encouraged.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is in the silences that we can honestly see our selves. Honesly assess our selves. And it is the silences that scare us the most.
    Ru.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life is beautiful, as it moves diminutive swaying way. I believe, usher the inner voice without any judgment brings us happiness...
    The thing is to love not to be loved!
    Shibin Antony Boban...
    www.dailystones.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete