Saturday, June 27, 2009

Continue Living...


I always thought; how is one to live a moral and compassionate existence when one is fully aware of the blood, the horror inherent in life, when one finds darkness not only in one's culture but within oneself? I feel that if there is a stage at which an individual life becomes truly adult, it must be when one grasps the irony in its unfolding and accepts responsibility for a life lived in the midst of such paradox. One must live in the middle of contradictions, because if all contradictions were eliminated at once life would collapse. There are simply no answers to some of the great pressing questions. You continue to live them out, making your life a worthy expression of leaning into the light.

6 comments:

  1. yes, well said. dear friend, i do live in the midst of contraditions of all sorts. i really try to sort out meaning for my being, but in no avail.thus i try hard to continue my life as you put it above beautifully. thanx my dear sweet fnd... help us keep going in life...with your beatiful thoughts....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life has many faces, its up to the individual to glean and gasp the good and the bad to balance it so that it becomes worth living.We cant change the world but we can change our attitude towards it.Well written.

    ReplyDelete
  3. contradictions are life! very well said! my periods of depression speak of times when i went blank in my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You continue to live in faith.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your blog.... it makes me think about things, in a deeper and wider sence....it really does open ones mind up to what we know is there, but very rarely take time to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. life progresses in meeting contradictions.

    ReplyDelete