Saturday, August 1, 2009

Mistakes


Whenever I make a mistake or get knocked down by life, I look back at it too long. I keep forgetting that mistakes are life's way of teaching me, and that my capacity for occasional blunders is inseparable from my capacity to reach my goals. If I ever intent to be triumphant over my failures, when they happen, I must learn to shake off my blunders instead of pondering over them. If I ever make decisions that turn out to be wrong, I must learn to go back and do it another way, taking less time than many who procrastinated over the original decision.

An error doesn't become a mistake until I refuse to correct it. I must learn to make the mistakes of yesterday my lessons for today. If I have made mistakes, even serious ones, there is always another chance for me. What we call failure is not the falling down but the staying down. Every great mistake has a halfway moment, a split second when it can be recalled and perhaps remedied.

“Lord, deliver me from the person who never makes a mistake, and also from the person who makes the same mistake twice. “


2 comments:

  1. really good thoughts.... dear friend you are really teaching me embrace my adversities as and when they overload my being.thanx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we all do this.... we make mistakes and stand there looking back. And all that time God has opened a new door, yet we stand there and look back....

    Sometimes we realise that we learn from these things and move on.... but sometimes God has to give us that little push to get us to move on!

    ReplyDelete